Oh what do you do on those school snow days?
With all you kids at home?
Do they play in the snow?
While you let the house go ?
Do the puddles and laundry make you cry?
Is that what you do?
So do I!
Okay, they're really not that bad, but this has seriously shaped up to be the craziest Virginia winter ever! We have had so many snow days since Christmas break that instead of asking if it's a snow day in the morning when they wake up, the kids ask if it's a school day? As if those are the minority!!! I think that's one of the reasons it seems like it can't possibly be March yet-they've hardly been in school at all!
The first week of snow days truly did make me want to cry because we didn't really have a good system for dealing with all the wet and the'stuff'. We really haven't had a reason to since they only get maybe 2 or 3 days a year. Now we have the unfinished basement set up with hooks and places for everything with a firm rule about only going in and out of there with the snow gear. And since they spend a good deal of time outside on snow days, I don't feel the need to pull out any additional hair than I normally pull out on any given day:-)
So what do we do on school snow days? A lot of this...
I don't think this felt as good as they thought it would, but they kept going down anyway.

Leo and I watch from the windows because this (below) pretty much sums up how I feel about actually being out in the snow.

Daddy and Porter love it so much, they slept out in the snow fort one night!


And when we're not in the snow, we build mountains of bedding to the ceiling...

...and sometimes our mean mom makes us do like 30 minutes of scouts in a row! Porter is displaying the sarcastic enthusiasm here and Andrew is going for the more realistic look.
I don't think this felt as good as they thought it would, but they kept going down anyway.
Leo and I watch from the windows because this (below) pretty much sums up how I feel about actually being out in the snow.
Daddy and Porter love it so much, they slept out in the snow fort one night!
And when we're not in the snow, we build mountains of bedding to the ceiling...
...and sometimes our mean mom makes us do like 30 minutes of scouts in a row! Porter is displaying the sarcastic enthusiasm here and Andrew is going for the more realistic look.
We also eat a lot of macaroni and cheese and drink a lot of hot chocolate. And soon we hope to be able to say "good-bye crazy winter"!
1 comment:
Oh my that's a lot of snow. I'm sure my kids would love it too but I'm with you. snow is for the birds. I hope it's gone for good.
Post a Comment