Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter Weekend

FRIDAY:  Easter egg coloring with our friend Bobby.  I kind of wonder what egg dying is like at other people's houses because at our house it is way too intense.  This time I kind of felt like I was at the New York Stock Exchange-constant business talk (on the verge of fighting) a little louder than regular speaking so as to be heard above other's business-"I need orange!", "Who is using the purple? How long has it been in?  When are you taking it out?",  "Is that your egg? No, that's my egg", "Mine looks just like that!", "Adam took another egg!"and on, and on, and on!  I tried so hard to get people to relax and slow down, but it's like it was mentally impossible.  So there ya go!  Crazy, but we survived another year:)

 Leo didn't want to miss out on the excitement so he spent most of the time climbing and I took him down in between pleads for everyone to calm down.
 SATURDAY:  We had our egg hunt in the back yard.  I wanted to invite some friends, but with everything else going on that day, I just couldn't muster the energy to organize anything else.  We forgot to count how many we hid, so we've found a few since Easter as well...oops!  Adam wasn't so interested in the ones with coins, but his older brothers were happy to trade.






 Daddy pilfering...caught ya!



Lovely Porter, lovely!
Grandma and Grandpa Smyth arrived that afternoon to join us as well.  I still can't believe that they are living so close-it's just too perfect!
SUNDAY:  After discovering Easter baskets we finished reading our Easter countdown scriptures.  Mid-morning our friend Bobby came to our house in his black pants and white shirt ready to go to church with us, which was a total surprise since we've invited him several times and he usually tells us he likes to use his weekend time wisely by playing with his friends:)  After a nice church service we came home and took some pictures by our favorite spring tree.  I don't even know what kind it is but it's my favorite every year.  And then we had a traditional ham dinner and just hung out together.







We always have to take girl pictures because there are so few of us:)
Do you suppose that left knee up is a hereditary comfort thing?  Or perhaps a ham induced comfort thing?

No comments: