I can't believe our April Fools boy is three! It takes a lot of concentration and fine motor skills but Adam has been practicing (and it's entertaining to watch) holding up his three middle fingers to show his new age.
Adam is a great kid! We're glad to be past his mischievious stage and now he is much more helpful and negotiable. He is a total milkaholic and also really enjoys grapefruit and 'wackamoni' (macarroni and cheese) Adam's favorite color is orange. Adam's phrase of authority right now is "Mommy says..." Anything he wants, he pulls this out. Generally he does repeat things I've said, but we've also caught him asking for things everyone is pretty sure I haven't said.
Nursery has been interesting for Adam. All the kids have had a couple month stint during nursery where it was hard for them to go and they cried, but Adam's stint started the day he turned 18 months and has not yet ended! We counted down the days til nursery since I was teaching Primary and pregnant, but we quickly learned this was not his thing and I resolved myself to the fact that he was going to be my sidekick (and class distraction) permanently. When we got re-alligned to the new ward, I hoped he would like the new nursery better...not so! Several Sundays he cried for close to an hour and I decided that was too much torture for them and me. And consequently I have spent nearly all of my Sunday time in there with him since I didn't have a Sunday calling. As of last month however, I am back in the Primary so we pulled out all our tricks including bribing him with his soon to be birthday remote control car. He got to play with it every Sunday if he stayed in nursery. That helped a bit but he still cried for 20-30 minutes. The nursery leaders have tried SO hard with him and he is getting better-hallelujah!
At bedtime, about a year ago, I started singing a song to Jane and Adam because Adam always insists that Mommy "yay down wif me for one minute". For most of last year he would pick the "Song of a Bird" primary song, but the last few months he has requested I tell him a story instead, about either Jane pig and Adam pig or Jane bunny and Adam bunny. He also insists that the story tell about eating 'candy carrots' at some point. Another funny phase!
At bedtime, about a year ago, I started singing a song to Jane and Adam because Adam always insists that Mommy "yay down wif me for one minute". For most of last year he would pick the "Song of a Bird" primary song, but the last few months he has requested I tell him a story instead, about either Jane pig and Adam pig or Jane bunny and Adam bunny. He also insists that the story tell about eating 'candy carrots' at some point. Another funny phase!
Adam loves to hide in warm laundry when it comes out of the dryer. He and Leo are also getting more play time now that Leo is bigger and more mobile all the time. They love to play peek a boo behind curtains and chase each other while Leo pushes the play shopping cart.
A birthday cereal breakfast of chocolate captain crunch:-/ Adam was such a good sport all day. He played with a friend while I had my church meeting in the morning. Then we waited around for the plumber to call and finally headed over to the renters for that appointment and played at the park afterward. He was so happy all day-this kid is easy to love!
Adam's minion cake--he kept asking for a superman cake, but Aaron's Mom brought him a Superman action figure and he couldn't even tell us who it was, so I'm glad we went with the minions instead.
LOVE our Adam!
1 comment:
3 year olds are SO stinkin' cute aren't they? I'm glad he's not a super trouble maker anymore. How are you enjoying Primary again? Seems we're in there a bunch.
Post a Comment