Oh blessed day-the last day of school! Let the children rejoice (and the moms who get them up and fight them out the door every morning:) Had to steel my friend's jumping for joy idea (thanks Yish) and I'm so glad we got this shot in the morning because coming home in the afternoon was quite the opposite scene. Two in tears and not one of them happy about leaving the teachers they adore. I guess I have to be thankful for superb teachers even tho my kids have even vocalized that they wish their teachers were their moms.
And thank goodness for water-balloons that dispelled the tears a short while later! It had been cloudy all day but wouldn't you know the downpour waited until the exact moment that we started the fight. And boy were those water-balloons colder than the rain falling! Let summer begin!
2 comments:
Elizabeth you are awesome. I bet if their teachers made them eat veggies and take out the trash they'd change their minds. Someday they'll realize how good they had it....that's what I keep telling myself anyway.
So glad you did this! I planned to do a jumping for joy pic every last day of school, but wait until you hear what happened that day instead. No jumping pic this year. We'll try again in 2015!
Post a Comment