So one day I noticed the weather was going to be unseasonably cool so we took a jaunt up to DC to see the monuments. In my mind a lot of times I assume because we live here that my kids have seen most things in DC, but they really haven't, so this was a good trip. There is definitely a reverent spirit in these sacred places that honor those who led divinely inspired lives that impacted our country. I loved feeling that and certainly needed the reminder of hope that accompanied us.
Washington Monument
WWII Memorial
The wildlife (ducks, geese, and very friendly squirrels) were also quite a popular part of our trip.
Vietnam War Memorial Garden
Lincoln Memorial and looking out from Lincoln Memorial
Lunch on the Potomac
Martin Luther King Jr. Monument
Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
Andrew wanted to touch the Capitol before we left. Such a memorable day!
1 comment:
It's so much easier to do things like this without lots of tiny babies isn't it?! The kids looked as though they had fun and I'm glad you feel the same about our nations founders. Next time we can go up there together......hopefully.
Post a Comment