Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Andrew Graduated...

...from Elementary School in June!  Barrett Academy makes a really big deal of the 5th grade promotion.  Each 5th grade class has their own celebration.  The program got so emotional-I had to keep reminding myself that it's only 5th grade.  Andrew gave one of the speeches about his 'house' team.  They danced up a storm, as usual.  Mr. Reichard is a singular teacher like I've never known.  I can't even talk about what he does for kids without tearing up.  He invited his drama/chorus teacher from middle school (who made him stand on a chair and shout his line for the musical he was in at the time) to be the guest speaker.  That was the beginning of Mr. Reichard's career standing on chairs, desks, etc.  What a great man!  And then we topped things off with slurpees.




Andrew and his long time buddy Travis Campbell:)


Then there was traditional promotion for all 5th graders at the school-crazy, I told ya! Andrew was honored with the Principal's award-so proud of our boy and his excellence at school!

Andrew and his kindergarten teacher Mrs. Jones.  Andrew with Muna and Papa.

Andrew and his principal Mrs. Austin.  Andrew and Mr. Reichard.





1 comment:

sue said...

That is so wonderful! Bittersweet that they are growing up and a fabulous celebration. I'm glad you enjoyed it.