How do you get ready for Easter? I can only remember one year that I think we actually did a good job getting into the true spirit of Easter. The last couple years I feel like we try to shove Easter goodness down the kids throats-in other words-yelling for everyone to stop fighting and yelling (hypocritical--why yes!) so we can read and discuss a scripture as part of our countdown...sigh. Maybe it wasn't that bad everyday, but I just feel like it shouldn't be like that at all when you're getting ready to celebrate one of the greatest things ever done for mankind. So what's realistic? I don't know but we'll certainly try again next year. In the mean time, here are a few highlights from dying eggs:
Leo loved getting his eggs in and out and in and out...it's actually kind of nice that the dye is so instantaneous to keep him happy.
Porter took some good natured grief for his 'ugly' eggs that he dipped in all the colors-said he was going for a more natural look.
Adam was most interested in the wire dipper.
Andrew always goes for the vibrant colors which tends to irritate people since he keeps his eggs in for WAY longer than anyone else...but they are pretty. And speaking of pretty, I gave Aaron's Mom most of our eggs the night before Easter since she was making the deviled eggs this year and I did it so the kids wouldn't see since they generally like to look at their creations instead of eating them. And then two minutes later, Aaron came back in the house with the eggs I'd sent his Mother out with! He couldn't stand to part with these 'beauties' either.
No comments:
Post a Comment