Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Spotlight

It's an emotional thing to see your kids accomplish something whether it's student of the month or learning how to wave for the first time.  Sometimes I get so caught up with breaking up fights and wracking my brain for age and incident appropriate punishments that I forget to remember how great my kids are.  I'm thankful for these moments to celebrate them and their accomplishments. 
 Porter recently earned a backpack at school for excelling in living the standards of the new pilot program "Barrett Academy" at school. He really has been challenging himself and building confidence this year.  They do a lot of group work and team building which has made it a pretty close knit group of kids.  They had us all in tears during their ritual presentation.
 Jane got an award for language arts.  She really stresses herself out with new things they begin to learn, like sounding out and writing their own words, so we were proud of her hard work.


 Andrew brought home these 2 works of art.  Andrew's artistic talent never ceases to amaze us because at home he has NEVER had an interest in art whatsoever-funny boy!  I wish he would play with it at home because he's done some fantastic stuff.

 Sweet Adam has to promote his own stuff by ripping everything he can reach off the fridge and putting up his picture with every magnet:)
 And we will recognize Leo for his creative crawling style.  Probably for a good 6 weeks, Leo tried to crawl like this-not sure if his knees were uncomfortable or if we've been watching too many animal shows and he's confused about the proper way for human babies to do it.  Whatever his motivation, it was entertaining.


1 comment:

sue said...

Your kids are really great! I miss them.