Friday, May 3, 2013
Egg Drops and Soda Explosions
It's that time of year when science projects abound, so we had some fun with a family egg drop one Monday night. Each of the kids made what they thought would be the best protective structure for their egg. I helped Jane wad up a lot of paper for padding. Andrew made both a box to hold his egg and another box, like a trampoline to catch his egg box. Porter went with a paper layering strategy.




Both Andrew and Jane's eggs escaped with minor cracks and Porter's was too sad to picture, but I think we all learned a bit:)

Porter decided to do soda explosions as his science experiment. First he shook up the bottle hoping when he unscrewed the top it would go flying and he could measure that. When that didn't work so well he modified things by drilling a hole in the top of each bottle before shaking them up and measuring the spray. I believe Sprite won with a spraying height of 19 feet. A sticky success!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment