Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bobbing for Apples

This girl started talking about bobbing for apples weeks and weeks before Halloween and it was all I could do to get her to wait. I can't remember now where she picked up this idea, but she would not let it go, so we decided it would be a fun family home evening activity in the Fall.
I remember bobbing for apples at church activities as a child,and now as a parent, I think wow that is unsanitary! Even in our little activity we had to change the water several times as Adam kept throwing his half eaten apple in the bowl and as others would spit after trying and missing. Okay, enough grossing everyone out-here we are in a pre-bobbing picture.
Aaron got his by the stem-clever man! Then the kids tried for a long time but they were a bit nervous about submerging any part of their face.
Porter's a winner!
After all that work we finished them off with some caramel wraps and called it good! Thanks for a fun memory Jane-Jane:)

No comments: