Saturday, May 27, 2017

Spring Break

Probably the biggest news of spring break was that I got to meet one of my second cousins on my Mom's side.  I don't think I had ever met her.  We hardly ever got up to Washington state growing up and that's where my Mom's family is from.  And when we did, somehow we never saw these cousins.  Kimmy recently graduated from college and is trying to make it to all 48 states before she has to get a job and be a grown-up.  So she slept at our house two nights in between sightseeing. She is such a delightful girl.  By the second evening she was doing my dishes and helping the little boys with bedtime!
The rest of spring break was pretty low key.  Porter and Andrew are old enough that they don't care for going to parks and day trips that the little ones still find fun.  I wasn't in the mood to fight, so we mostly stayed home and played with friends at the house.  One day we did visit Alum Springs and play in the water.  We're going to come back to this jumping hole this summer when the water is above freezing.

The disappointed faces of children who only want to play on the tire swing and it's swarmed with littles.







Saturday evening we made the 5 hour trek down to North Carolina to see this darling little girl get blessed.  Our time was too short...as usual.




Lillian was very happy to see her cousins despite my inability to capture her satisfaction.  She has exploded with language which was of course very entertaining.  And here we have 3 of the 4 Kulbeth siblings-a great bunch, I must say:)


No comments: