Friday, February 26, 2016

Dad Tries not to get Older

Many weeks before his birthday, Aaron was insisting that he was turning 36 this year.  His mother and I both did our best to set him straight, but honestly I think he was just in denial about getting 'old'.  He took off work for his birthday, which ended up being very safe since we had a snow storm and then freezing rain the day before his birthday.  When it was a bit thawed that morning we headed out to Ikea to get some shelves for the big boys' room.  And assembling them was that afternoon's project.  Getting something done-that's what this man enjoys:)  His Mom, Dad, brother, sister and niece joined us for dinner and brownie sundaes later.


Porter's gift was the most thoughtful:  A coupon for '5 big jobs without payment and complain-ment'.  Once in a while Aaron entices the boys with a couple bucks to help him with a big job, so this was very generous of Porter.


1 comment:

sue said...

big numbers are scary! I hope he uses those 5 big jobs wisely ;)