Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Favorite Things

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house and I realized the other day, I've never taken pictures of some of our favorite Christmas things.  And now is as good a time as any (before anything else gets broken or lost).  
 This is one of our countdowns made with lots of little pockets.  I fill it with coins or gum or a written suggestion of a service to give each day.  The kids all enjoy this one.
 My windowsill nativity that I love to look at while doing dishes.
 More of our nativity collection.  The one in the back is actually a wooden block puzzle that our dear friend Marjie cut and painted for us.

 The special Christmas books we read each year, our 'manger' with hay to fill it as the children do good deeds, and kid friendly nativity blocks.
 My carolers-I don't think anyone else really likes this but I love it because there is so much beautiful music that goes along with Christmas and this reminds me of that.
A new nativity that I made this year with vinyl (ordered on line) and a goodwill frame.  I still need something else to put on either side of the mantle, but one step at a time I guess.  I hope that someday the children will like looking back on our decorations and thinking about their own favorites.

No comments: