Saturday, October 3, 2015

Grandpa Time

About as soon as my parents arrived home, they made a reservation for my Dad to come back and visit us in September.  We were all still in a weepy state at having parted ways, but I'm pretty sure he would have come anyway since his oldest grandson was going to be receiving the Priesthood.  Grandma would have come too, but Aunt Rachel was expecting her little Ellie any day and it's a good thing she stayed since that sweet grand baby arrived two days after Dad got here.

Grandpa is an easy guest.  He sleeps in, doesn't care how clean the house is, listens to the news, fills me in on the presidential candidates, only eats twice a day and is always thanking me for making it such a nice stay even tho I haven't done anything for him.  I feel like I run around doing all my regular work and try to say 'hi' to him once in a while and feel guilty for not doing more with him.  We did get a couple of family history tutorials in while he was here which I hope will help me to know where to start in this whole daunting process.  We'll see.  The little rascals in this photo had fun climbing on grandpa and eating all his gum.  We can't wait for the next visit:)

1 comment:

sue said...

That is awesome that you had a wonderful visit.