Saturday, April 28, 2012
Easter Countdown
This year we received a special gift from our friends, the Krogh's. Their awesome mom, Sue, made an Easter countdown for us. One of those wonderful collections (3 weeks worth!) of scripture verses that we read before bed each night to help keep the true meaning of Easter at the forefront of our minds and celebrations. I have always wanted to do this with my family, but I am TERRIBLE when it comes to planning ahead, so I was SO excited when Sue showed up on our doorstep with this gift! Anyway, I have to say that this year was definitley different having had this little tradition added to our family. It truly helped me prpare for Easter. We always do a little FHE lesson the week before Easter and we celebrate the joy of the ressurection, but reading the accounts of what Christ was doing each day leading up to this glorious event-thinking about the love and the teaching and the sacrifices that were so much a part of what Easter celebrates, added a perspective that was very meaningful to me. It was a wonderful experience to say the least and I can't wait for Easter again next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment