Saturday, April 21, 2012

March

Due to the unseasonably warm weather we've had all winter, Aaron and his Dad took us canoeing on Smith Lake one lovely day in March. I wasn't looking forward to it at first since the last canoe I went on felt like it was going to tip the entire time we were on it. But as Aaron usually does, he talked me into his 'plan'...and I'm glad he did. This canoe was MUCH more stable. The kids were very excited until they actually got out on the water. The first 10 minutes we were paddling around they had these terrified looks on their faces and kept asking if we could go back. It was really quite hillarious! By the end of the trip they were begging to go again the next day. Funny how one's opinion can change so drastically when trying a new activity.






Andrew was very excited this month to earn a reading medal from his teacher. He brings home a book every 2 days to practice reading and then takes a 5 question test at school after he's read it for those 2 days. I can't remember how many he had to do, maybe 20 to get his award. I love seeing my kids learn to read-it is amazing to me. Yay Andrew!
And here is our sweet, sick boy who has been sick more times than I can count this winter. Bring on the hot anf humid summer, cause we're SICK of being sick!!

No comments: