After finishing the Kulbeth reunion in Sandy, UT, we headed up to the mountains in Heber for the Smyth Reunion. My Grandma Irene Smyth (pictured above) hasn't been together with all her descendants for years and years. It was wonderful! I can't believe how well the kids did with being busy, off schedule, and overstimulated for 2 weeks straight-that was truly a blessing. (Maybe that's why things have been so bad since we got back though...hmmm.) The little cousins had lots of fun running around, coloring, bug hunting, riding the Heber Creeper train and much more.
I think the adults most enjoyed playing games together every night when the kiddos went to bed-we did 'Minute to win It' races and a game with the 8 ball and cue ball called Spaz. I honestly could have stayed in Utah and been perfectly happy living out of a suitcase for 2 MORE weeks. Maybe someday the whole mid section of the United States will collapse and our 2 coasts will be close enough to see each other more often (no offense to anyone living there). My pictures grossly under-represent our time there since I am intending to compile everyone's pictures later.
2 comments:
So glad you got to visit so much family this summer. It's always so hard to have to go back to normal life afterwards. We just got back from VA (sorry we didn't call this time, it was our first visit home in 2 years and since my brother had just gotten home from his mission we decided this would just be a family visit). Anyway, it was very hard to leave. It really is a shame that airfare is so expensive! Hope things go well with the kids starting school soon!
No problem-I know we were right there in your neck of the woods too and didn't do anything besides the reunion stuff. I'm so glad you got to be with your family too-it's not fun living so far away. It IS hard to get back to normal life too-I want to be on vacation forever!!
Post a Comment