February is the big birthday month in our family. First comes my mother in law. What a delight it has been to live just a few miles from this lady these last 6 years! Her quick wit and frequent thoughtfulness are just a few of the many good qualities that make her the wonderful person she is. To the children she is known as Muna. In my husband's family they traditionally call their grandmas, 'grandmother', but the best Porter could do with that big word at a young age was Muna and it seems to have lovingly stuck.
We also celebrated my mother's birthday. And there is a long list of wonderful things I could share about her as well. She is my ultimate example of eveything I want to be as a mother. It wears me out just to think of everything she did for us growing up and if I can be half the person she is, I think I'll count myself successful. Now if I can just get her to move in a couple miles down the street, life would be grand!
We also sent happy wishes to two cousins and my lovely little sister this month. And last but certainly not least, February brings Aaron's birthday! This man truly has no equal. No he's not perfect, but he is the perfect guy for our family. Our Daddy is a barrel of laughs! We never seem to know when he's going to start celtic dancing in the kitchen or come down stairs in someone else's clothes or be caught sneaking around the house so we can't see what treat he doesn't want to share. And we know he can fix anything. Happy birthday everyone!!
1 comment:
what a great tribute!
Post a Comment