Saturday, January 30, 2010

Enough already!

All you people who like the cold and live in places where a 19 degree high is warm might not want to read this post, because you'll be insulted by my wimpiness.



Having said that I'd now like to proclaim that I'm DONE with the cold!!! D-O-N-E done!!! I grew up in Arizona for goodness sakes and I just can't take it anymore. Virginia has actually not been too bad since we moved here almost 6 years ago, but this winter is about to do me in. Usually we get 2 maybe 3 days of snow dusting each winter and those days are normally in late January or February. This year we've already had like 6 or 7 snow days with inches and even feet of snow starting in early December. The temperatures are much colder and I'm ready to hibernate. I'm tired of wearing 4 layers from my head to my feet! I'm tired of my shoulders aching b/c they're tensed from being chilly all day! I'm tired of chasing Jane around and trying to keep her layers of socks and pants on all day! Why does she need to start the stripping phase during the coldest winter in Stafford history anyway? I'm tired of my knuckles cracking and bleeding! I'm tired of turning the car on 10 minutes before we leave to let the engine warm up so it will switch gears! It doesn't like the cold almost as much as I don't. I'm tired of worrying about how else to save money so we can afford to keep our house at 64 which is our new warm! Elizabeth is not all smiles anymore-please send me some warmth!!!

4 comments:

Young Fam said...

And here I am in Arizona. Can't help ya much pal. :)

Trish and Matt said...

Oh, Liz -- I hear you. We haven't had as much snow (though as many snow days -- they cancel here at the thought of snow) but the cold is driving me nuts. Everyone says this baby is supposed to be my generator and keep me warm. Well, guess what? My generator's not working! I'm as cold as ever, and have fewer clothes with which to layer. Spring time, come quickly!

sue said...

I am sorry! I hate the cold too. exept cold for me is now in the 60s! I would freeze up there! good luck

Dan and Marci said...

Oh Liz--think of a big warm hug from me!! I hope it all passes quickly. We are thinking of you :)