Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Teenage-hood

Ahhhhhhh...we have a teenager!?!?!?  Wasn't ready for this, but Porter is 13.  He has settled on a very nice hair do since last year which makes him look a lot more grown-up.  He LOVES his 18 month old cousin, Lillian, and even sets up playdates to go see her.  That kid has always loved babies! He continues to amaze us with his imagination and creativity.  He can be very responsible and helpful and we appreciate that also.  
The family came over to party with him.  We served chicken nuggets from 3 different fast food places, but unfortunately didn't get enough.  Thank goodness we had these sherbert desserts to fill people up at the end-ha!  

We played a "Porter or Imposter?" game that I made up using all the children's baby pictures.  They got the majority of them correct but I tricked them a few times:)

Porter was very excited about some new clothing-a t-shirt from his favorite book series and a football team sweatshirt and hat.  We're not much of a sports family (and we never watch football) but Porter has a favorite team so he can be part of the conversations at school-it makes us chuckle.  Love ya Porter!

1 comment:

sue said...

A teenager!!! I'm glad you are there first so that I have a good example to follow. Porter sounds like a wonderful son, you are doing a great job.