Sunday, July 19, 2015

Rafting

A new activity on our summer agenda has been rafting.  I think a deal came up on Amazon for an inflatable raft, and Aaron being the 'I literally can't pass up a great deal' guy that he is, decided to buy one.  Everyone was pretty excited at first.  Who doesn't like to paddle around in the lake for a while on a nice summer day?  But then he talked the boys into rafting down ,what Andrew refers to as, the 'Rapid-Panic' River (aka Rappahannock).  It was a little too adventurous for them, like there was absolutely no sign of enjoyment the second time they came back from one of their trips.  They reported that is had been 'a matter of life and death'.  Daddy assured me that there was never any cause for alarm and honestly, I would love to see what they had looked like in action, but safety before photography.  Consequently, there are some mixed and somewhat intense feelings about rafting in our family now.  Maybe we can finish up that merit-badge in another couple years Daddy--A for effort tho!





2 comments:

Jen said...

I love your family! "The rapid panic river!"

sue said...

That sounds SO awesome!!! Way to go Aaron and the boys for trying it a second time.