This year our fourth of July festivities began with a pancake breakfast at the church. Miss Anne and her kids, Nicholas, Ella, and Ava stopped by on their way out of town and that was a fun surprise. Then Daddy took the boys out on the river with Papa and Uncle Joe while I got things ready at the house for dinner. Emily and Joe and baby Lillian (who I can't believe I didn't photograph!!!) came up for a few days to celebrate with us. Lillian is just darling and we all loved snuggling her. Jane drew this chalk flag to welcome our guests and it's a good thing I took a picture when I did because it rained when everyone arrived and quickly washed away:(
After dinner we headed to Fredericksburg like we did last year for some fun in the park and a great fireworks show.
These two were kind of party poopers tho...until we got out the root beer floats.
It ended up being a pretty humid night so all the smoke from people's fireworks just hung in the air. The show was spectacular tho. We always love seeing the new designs they come up with. This year there were some in the finale that sounded like cannons and made big, bright puffs of smoke that were really cool. They literally pounded your chest. And it was so fun to have all of the Kulbeths with us. Happy Birthday America!
No comments:
Post a Comment