We were very glad to attend two dramatic performances at the elementary school in the month of May. Porter decided to explore acting in the school play "Willie Wonka Jr." He didn't end up getting the part he wanted, but later decided the theater really isn't his thing so I think he wad okay. He was cast as Mr. Bucket, Charlie's father. He did a great job however I didn't get great pictures. He's next to the gilr in the orange flowery dress in the picture below.
And here he is reading the newspaper before giving his schpeel about golden tickets to Charlie.
Realistically, this is where Aaron and I spent most of the play, which worked out pretty well since Porter's character was only in the first few acts.
We were so glad Muna could come too! And even though he decided NOT to pick drama as an elective next year for middle school, we were proud of Porter for trying something new and dedicating himself to it.
Our second theatrical performance was the much beloved kindergarten musical. Our school doesn't do any other grade related musical performance, so we really look forward to kindergarten years:) This year they did "Once Upon a Lilypad" and I think the cutest frog came from our house.
Jane's class of frogs had some sweet attitude shaking their hips and singing "This is the life for me!"
No comments:
Post a Comment