Monday, March 31, 2014

Big Boy Adam

We have a new toilet user in training at our house!
As much as potty training is NOT the funnest mommy job, I do love seeing my kids transition into this big kid phase of life and gain confidence in doing one more thing by themselves.  Adam really has been pretty easy too.  He had been sitting on the potty before bath time for months and almost always got something out.  It's me that's been dragging my feet, but I decided this would be a New Year's resolution to get this done.  So when I returned from Arizona, we hit the ground running.  We used tic-tacs to motivate him as well as Lightning McQueen underwear which he wears backwards (of course!!) so he can see the pictures.  He's even been good about going #2-what a relief!   Now we've graduated to that point where he holds it in till he's going to explode, so now we're working on that.  In fact last week just before church, we had all the kids go potty one last time, but Adam didn't want to go.  Then during family prayer it all came out.  So I tried to help him hurry and change while everyone else went out to the car-no biggie, right?  Adam had other ideas tho.  He wanted to stay in his wet, pee clothes.  So, while Adam screamed his defiant lungs out, Aaron and I stripped him down (including his shirt which got wet because he was so mad I was taking his pants off while he was finishing peeing in the toilet, he squirmed and peed on the bottom of his shirt) and wrestled some dry clothes on.  And we walked in late to sacrament meeting with a still whimpering Adam.  Such a lovely way to start a Sunday morning!  Never the less, welcome to big kid world-yay Adam!!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Potty training is most definitely my least favorite parental job thus far. We'll see if I still feel that way when we're done with the teenage years. I am thinking of starting Ben soon and am totally dreading it. Give Adam a big high five for me. When are the underwear makers going to learn to put the pictures on the front. Seriously. I'm glad your blog is up and running again. I miss you!

sue said...

that's a good story to remember.