Monday, November 25, 2013

Favorite Fall Moments

Over the summer we were talking about how we don't really see pretty sunsets here in Virginia-not that they don't have them, but there are so many trees everywhere that they cut off our view.  Then one September evening, we saw a pink light coming through the window and we all bolted outside (I'm sure the neighbors thought we had some kind of emergency) to catch this gorgeous view, which was much more brilliant in person. Heavenly Father's art is truly the most beautiful.
Also loved collecting these...not raking them so much:)
Jumping off 'the rock'...
Porter and I ran in the Stake Food Fun Run 5K as part of the Virginia Day of Service.  I couldn't even see Porter ahead of me for the first 2 miles and then we caught up to finish together.  I was very proud of him especially when they told us at the end that it was actually 3.8 miles!
After running Jane exclaimed "Mom, your face is red...like a blueberry!"  Silly Jane-
she later corrected herself:)
Sidewalk chalk self portraits...
The little boys and I ventured out with some friends to Clark's Farm for some Fall fun.  Each of the kids have been here at some point over the years but I think this is the first time I've taken my camera with me.  It's close by and not too expensive and geared toward preschool ages.
 We probably spent the most time in this corn box where Adam held onto his shovel with a death grip.  We're working on sharing and taking turns, but at this age it is challenging and I usually lose.
 The donkey was pretty friendly...maybe a little friendlier than Adam:)


 Rootbeer tasting!  Muna and Papa found quite a selection of rootbeers at a country store in Arkansas while they were visiting Papa's mother.  Each one had a distinct flavor so it was fun to vote on our favorites.  
 Adam really tried to get all of the flavor out of his little Dixie cup each time and about half way thru it looked like this, and being the 2 year old he is, refused to get a new cup.
 Leo didn't really care about the rootbeer but he sure had fun making faces with Papa.


1 comment:

sue said...

Way to go Elizabeth, running almost 4 miles. Give yourself and Porter a high five for me. I hope the root beer was yummy. and maybe some day we'll be sitting in rocking chairs facing west enjoying sunsets together because you are certainly part of my heaven.