Sunday, September 22, 2013

Let the Soccer Begin!

Well, we finally decided it was time to try out some organized sports (the ones who want to).  And Andrew was the first volunteer.  Porter waffled about wanting to play and finally decided to sit this season out and Jane was really gung ho, but didn't quite make the cut off date to be on a team.  Luckily they have both fall and spring soccer seasons here, so Jane won't have to wait too long for a turn.
He has really enjoyed it so far!  Practice is only once a week, so not too intense and they only play 5 on 5 with no goalie.  I was a little disappointed that they don't play all the positions but I guess since this is his first introduction to soccer, we'll take what we get.  Andrew prefers defense, but is learning her likes offense once in a while too.  I love watching his team play and probably get a little too into it, reliving the many years me and my brothers played, but it's fun:)



 The other kiddos don't love being spectators so much and there is a nice playground right close, so Leo and I are the cheerleaders while Dad tries to watch from the park.  Go Andrew!!

No comments: