Friday, August 9, 2013

Helpers


Sometimes Leo helps me do the laundry.  He mostly just makes it wet again with drool tho:)
I glanced out the back window to see this the other day.  I'm not sure that they were really planning to ride bikes, but Jane was intent on helping Adam get his helmet on.  I probably should have gone out to help since I've had several blood blisters pinching myself with those buckles, but they were so cute.


Poor Adam got a pretty good bonk on his head on the way to church (of course) when he leaned a little too far out the side door of the van while trying to push he button that automatically closes it.  This was the week after, so it looks a bit better.
Porter and Andrew get the fantastically helpful big brother awards from Leo.  Their arms have been immensely helpful when mine have been needed elsewhere.  And when we need to encourage helpfulness from the boys in our home, we use a saying adopted from Aaron's family ---"Be a brother, not a bother!"

2 comments:

sue said...

He is getting so big and cuter every day. I love the saying and I might use it.

Ginger said...

"Be a brother, not a bother!" That is our new family motto! I think I'm going to go embroider it on a pillow.