Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Government Island

For Memorial Day we took the kids to Government Island. We've been there a couple times, but I think everyone (except Mom) was a little more adventurous this time. They had a lot of fun climbing all the rocks and roots and such with Dad. This was also at the height of the cicada infestation which made our walk very loud.
Oh yeah, it was also some special slurpee day at 7 eleven so we all got 49 cent slurpees to take there which the kids thought made it the 'best day ever'.
Leo pretty much missed out on our whole adventure but I think he was okay with it.
Letting Aaron get the kids out on this rock and then dangle their feet over the side gave me those awful, fearful pains in my body (you know those feelings you get when someone is in danger?) I was SOOO glad when they were safely away from this edge:)
A creep, many legged friend that was crawling on rocks with us.
Goodbye Government Island!

3 comments:

sue said...

I LOVE that last picture!!! Way to have fun Kulbeths.

Trish and Matt said...

Looks like a super fun outing! Props to you and Leo for tagging along.

Ginger said...

I don't have anything clever to say so I will say: I like your blog. I like you. Keep blogging.