Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas Treasures

Having a family to share Christmas memories with is truly a treasure. And hopefully our children have good memories because we are not great at remembering to take picutres! I think my favorite moment this Christmas was reading one of the books we read each Christmas season called "A Christmas Dress for Ellen". It is a very touching story retold by Pres. Monson about a poor family in Canada and the generous delivery of some packages that blessed their family. I can not read it without getting emotional-every year! This year Aaron was occupying Adam while I read this particular book, but he started getting fussy about half way through so I switched with Aaron and he read while I fed Adam. And this was perfect timing because I had just gotten to the part that made me cry. Aaron began reading and within moments, my husband who I can count on one hand how many times I've seen him get emotional, started tearing up! At that point we both started laughing and continued to alternating crying and laughing thru the rest of the book. The children were a bit confused by our behavior, but we just had to laugh at what ninnies we BOTH were. It is still a favorite book and really reminds us of the joy of sacrifice and giving:)
And now a few of the random pictures we took:

The 'Jesus play', as our children have named it...


Andrew and Porter visiting Santa's reindeer...

A really cute table decoration...

The bushy eyebrowed eyes pinata...

Jane with Uncle DaDa...

Aaron's favorite gift??

Jane and the rug Candyland...

I can't even count how many hours have been spent playing Monopoly since Christmas...too many that's for sure!

Porter's penguin...

Mom and Adam:)

No comments: