Yes, we are still alive and I regretfully apologize for my severe lack of attention to blogging. I love to read others' blogs but hate to update my own. The computer is NOT my friend and is often occupied by my adorable husband when I am available to use it (like in the evenings when the children are asleep.)
So we've been looking for a 'real' house lately and this is fun but much more emotionally draining than I expected. How can you get so attached to something that isn't even yours and lose sleep for days wondering if it ever will be and then go into a depression when you are outbid? What a viscious cycle! I don't know how much more I can take, but of course I will, casue we REALLY do want to move and are outgrowing our 2 bedrooms.
In fact, Jane just joined the boys last week in the kids room. She is a light sleeper and we got tired of putting her back to bed every time we went in our room. So far, so good.
Porter is enjoying his last few weeks of Kindergarten and will be a chicken in the kindergarten play "Barnyard Moosical" this week. Isn't it ironic (for those of you who KNOW Aaron) that his son is going to be a chicken? I think it also interesting that in the last month Porter has come home with a love note and a phone number from 2 different girls in his class. What in the world!?
Andrew is my buddy at home. His greatest accomplishment lately is buckling his own booster seat into the car thus allowing him to ride in the back of the van with the 'big kids'. He has also lately accused me of having 'okaho' (alcohol) in our fridge when he found the soy sauce and werchestershire sauce bottles. He didn't like it when I started laughing cause he knows this is serious business and that Heavenly Father doesn't like us to drink it.
Jane has turned into a little monkey crawling and climbing EVERYWHERE! I have had to put those eyes in the back of moms' heads on high alert lately. She has a very sneaky, squinty eyed grin when she is caught. It's so fun to have a girl, I'd be happy if I got another one tomorrow.
4 comments:
I am glad that you guys are doing well!! Girls are definately different, I second the get caught sneaking smirk. Hope you find the house of your dreams soon!
Love Andrews alcohol comment--funny! Good luck with the house--hope to join you in the search soon--even if it is draining!
Hilarious stories. Thanks for the update and good luck with the house hunt. Hang in there!
Thinking of you and hope all is well...Miss you so much! Your family is beautiful. Still in the LAP OF LUXURY. Hugs~M
Post a Comment