We had a fun week with the hubby home from work in February. As part of Micron's cutbacks they required all employees to take weeks of their vacation over the last several months. And we're definitely not complaining:)
We started things off with a lovely Valentine's Day...well maybe waking up to the sound of Porter vomitting wasn't lovely, but after that it got much nicer and really turned out to be a fun family day at home playing games, eating take out, and having help with the children and chores. What else could I ask for?! Go Aaron!!
We started things off with a lovely Valentine's Day...well maybe waking up to the sound of Porter vomitting wasn't lovely, but after that it got much nicer and really turned out to be a fun family day at home playing games, eating take out, and having help with the children and chores. What else could I ask for?! Go Aaron!!
Then we celebrated Aaron's birthday with his favorite muppet character--the Prawn. We had to take pictures fast before the cake self destructed (that's what happens when a non-engineer takes on such a task-the only reason it stood in the first place was b/c Aaron came to help assemble it's flabby, rice crispie appendages.)
We also let Porter play hookie one day and headed up to the National Museum of Natural History. Porter enjoyed it more than Andrew (as you can see) but it was fun just to get out and do something as a family. My favorite memory will be driving in circles for 30 minutes b/c every street we turned down was a get on to the freeway rather than a place with parking spots. That's why I never have (and never will) drive in DC. I know my limits.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Aaron! The big 30, my turn is coming way too quickly. I wish I could have been there so that I could have worn your clown birthday costume for your party. Plus, how fun is that that you can just drive up to DC to check things out? Nice work.
Post a Comment