Virginia has been incredibly blessed with a mild winter this year. The kids were disappointed for less snow days, but we have spent way more days outside enjoying the weather. Aaron enlisted the children in helping to prep the deck for the final stages which are coming soon. The little boys love pulling out the nails.
My big project recently has been minimizing our 'baby' stuff. I took loads and loads to Goodwill and each time felt like I was donating part of my soul. Babies have been such a huge part of my life and my identity the last 13 years! It felt good but I must admit I shed a few tears in the process.
Every time I mention getting rid of toys the children immediately become interested in playing with whichever ones are up for debate. They (including the 11 and 13 year old!) spent hours and hours building with these blocks. Now we'll have a memory when I actually pass them on:)
1 comment:
moving on is so hard! we are doing the same thing over here and my kids have had several breakdowns about clothing, toys, and random things they've not looked at in years. Enjoy a beautiful spring.
Post a Comment