April kind of got away from me, so here's a mass catch up. More deck re-doing, even in the rain, which we've had a LOT of.
Spirit week: dress up as what you want to be when you grow up. Andrew chose a computer programmer at Apple and Jane chose a mom.
Jane decide one night that she should build something out of 100 index cards before she could go to bed. Below is from Andrew's Destination Imagination state competition. Building with blocks was just for fun. The other two shots show his team and their circus mystery presentation. A funny thing to remember-their team coach had her husband come down with the props closer to their competition time and he forgot the biggest piece. Then she called her adult son to drive the hour down to bring that piece-it arrived seconds before they went on to present-a true miracle!
When it wasn't raining and before we realized our back yard was infested with ticks, the kids built a teepee. We also did 'king of the mulch' jumping.
We must be pretty lame parents because Adam is our second child that has become impatient waiting for Mom and Dad to teach him how to ride without training wheels and just figured it out himself. It's so funny to watch him b/c he still looks so little on that big bike!
One day Daddy tried to burn down our house, cutting some screws off the bottom of our broken railing room divider thing. Can you see those sparks?!?!
At the end of April, Porter had a field trip to the Newseum up in DC. He was begging me to be a chaperone, which made me happy because as a middle schooler, parents are kind of un-cool. So I signed up...and then I found out that if a parent chaperones, your child gets to pick their group of friends to go around with. So I'm not cool, but at least I made him happy...for a day. And I got to find out which kids are his friends. They were all very good listeners and respectful, so that was good to learn. He was pretty embarrassed that I wanted to take any pictures, but I did get a quick one of him on the fancy bus and at the Berlin Wall exhibit. That and the Pulitzer Prize Photo exhibit were the most moving.
2 comments:
Ah house projects, and kids the stuff of life. I hope you got rid of the ticks easily and are ready for summer vacation.
I love that Jane dressed up like a mom. It just proves what everyone already knows; that you are definitely one to emulate!
Post a Comment