Friday, September 11, 2015

Apple Picking

One of our friends organized an apple picking activity.  We drove about and hour and fifteen minutes to a beautiful orchard at the foot of the Shenandoah mountains. I have to admit, I was kinda grumpy that day and it was a hot, humid day and monitoring how many apples five children were picking in different parts of the orchard was probably more stress than I could handle gracefully that day.  I'm so glad we were with friends that could keep my sanity in check:)  We went there to pick honey-crisp's and actually started picking in the wrong place, which turned out all right because apples fresh off the tree are just yum.  And half the fun was using these giant pickers sticks.  I might even be tempted to do it again next summer.





1 comment:

sue said...

apple picking rocks! I'm glad you had support, everything is easier with friends.