I'm kind of a lazy mom. If something sounds like too much work, I don't usually go along. However, I am also pretty easily persuaded by my mommy friends who I like to hang out with. So one day we went on a berry picking adventure with our new neighbors, the Cooks. It is pretty much the end of berry season, so there was no one else at Millers Farm that morning. We picked lots of raspberries and blackberries and just a few remaining blueberries. But mostly the kids ate them. I'm sure that's why these pick your own places charge so much per pound.
When our baskets were full enough we paid and then played in this giant dirt pile for a quick minute before heading home.
This is where I normally would have given up, but Leeanne talked us into coming over and letting the kids make berry tarts. They were the perfect treat for our little pickers. We also made a couple mixed berry pies, which were delicious! I've only ever made raspberry pie but I would definitely do the mixed berry again.
1 comment:
I hope your friends know they are the luckiest ladies in the world!!! I am totally jealous that they get to hang out with you!
Post a Comment