Santa gave us an overnight stay at Great Wolf Lodge for Chrismtas last year, so we got to take a little break from life and school in February. The kids enjoyed their kid cabin and we all loved playing in the indoor water park untill we were all about water-logged!
Each of the kids also got a pair of wolf ears when we checked in.
The thing I love about Great Wolf Lodge is how family freindly it is. You don't have to worry about groups of punk teenagers bothering your kids or your stuff-everyone there is part of a family and it just makes it nice. Jane, Andrew and Porter mostly ran around with Aaron doing all the big slides, but they would also go off in two's or even by themselves for a while and we didn't have to worry. It was great! The little boys and I mostly stuck to the kiddie play area and the hot tub when their lips got too purple. Everyone got thier fill of fun! And I meant to take better pictures, but the first time I got the camera out, it got tidalwaved (oops!), so then I had to be much more cautious.
This is Adam's wolf souvenier of parental neglect. We left Adam and Leo at the shore of the wave pool with Porter while Aaron and I ran up to go on the giant funnel ride. Adam decided he didn't want to be in the water and went to sit by himself on the lunge chairs (quite near the wave pool) where we kept all our belongings. Anyway, a couple of life guards saw him unattended and tried to talk to him with this cute wolf, but he just hid his face in the towels and ignored them. When we returned, they kidnly reminded us to keep a better eye on our little people and Adam got to keep the wolf!
And this is right as we were leaving to get in the car to go home. Leo is all wet with no pants because after I got all the little ones dressed, we were waiting for the big boys to finish and he decided to run back in the wading pool and I obviously wasn't fast enough to catch him. All in all I think it was a successful break from winter. Thanks Santa!
1 comment:
That sounds awesome!
Post a Comment