We have officially joined the ranks of you parents with school age children. And I must say, I am SO thankful to only have one 'first child' to go through this with. Watching Porter get on the bus Tuesday morning was just about more than my mommy heart could handle. He was nervous that morning, but willing to go. He could barely wave good-bye out the bus window before he turned away to cry and that's when I lost it. Andrew was already screaming by this time because he wanted to go on the bus too. We both went inside and used a lot of kleenx. We did somehow last the 6 & 1/2 hour day (not including bus rides) until he came home to tell us all the wonderful things he had done after which he decided it would be a good idea to go back the second day. He is now disappointed that tomorrow is the last day before the weekend. I just hope this enthusiasm holds out!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can't believe Porter is going to school already! I am sure you did great with the good bye.
He is SO CUTE!!
I am glad to ear that kindergarten was a sucess, even with the rocky start. Can you believe these kids are already in school???
Oh--that seems like such a long day!! Glad that the first few days have gone well. Kaylee's days are just a bit shy of four hours (with the bus rides). I'm sure that Parker would be even more totally lost without her if she were gone any longer than she already is.
I could be wrong, but I don't think it will be any easier with Andrew and maybe only slightly easier next year with Porter. At least this is my experience. I'm glad it's going well though. Yea for Porter!
I have a picture with Sydney making exactly this same face from last year. The teachers work really hard to make Kindergarten a good experience for the children. I'm so glad that Porter had a good day, and I hope that he enjoys the rest of the year!!! (and that Mommy does, too)
Post a Comment