...in our lovely state of Virginia, we woke up and voted.
Then we went on an adventure to Great Falls National Park. I would love to have stayed for hours here exploring and hiking around, but the kids got hungry and climbing on giant rocks without Daddy, makes Mommy too nervous. So next time we'll bring Dad...but it truly was gorgeous-one of those natural things you could just sit and stare at for a long time without getting bored-totally awesome!
Adam was actually up on the lookout ledge offering to move forward (toward the sheer drop-off!?!) to keep his little friend from falling in right before I took this picture. Luckily his friend's mom was there to discourage him from such perilous chivalry. Like I said, too much to be nervous about for Mom!
Then we headed to Clemyjentri Park, a very large, creative, and colorful playground. The big boys indulged us with their feigned fun, but the little ones had a blast. I learned that Jane is quite the climber and that no one should spend any amount of time on a tire swing. Three of my five crawled back to the car ready to loose their lunch.
Then we came home to our Daddy whose skin was several shades darker than usual. Aaron has talked many times over the years about getting a fake tan, but I was shocked when he actually did it! We laughed...a lot. After composing ourselves we had a lovely stir-fry dinner and oreo ice cream cake with his family. Then we entertained ourselves with the jaw dropping election result coverage until the wee hours of the morning. All in all, a great day:)
No comments:
Post a Comment