We were quite blessed to take a road trip up to New Jersey and Pennsylvania to see my college roommate, Trish and attend the Philadelphia Temple open house. On our way to Trish's, we went over the Delaware bridge which literally felt like we were driving up into the heavens. It was a glorious sight! And I could kick myself for not taking any pictures at her house. It had been 7 years since we'd seen each other and we had a great catch up. After a fun sleepover at her house we headed into town.
The temple was just beautiful! We watched a short video about temples in the chapel next door and then had youth put little booties over our shoes right before we walked into the actual temple. The architecture, art and decor were all very fitting of Pennsylvania and I love how the church takes history into each temple it builds. The children especially liked the baptismal font, I think because they are familiar with what baptism is. It was neat to walk through each room and have a short explanation of what it's used for. We got a few extra minutes of quiet in the celestial room. I'm so thankful that the kids got to experience this for themselves and feel the peaceful reverence of a house of the Lord.
2 comments:
I love that you got to go! I remember being in my dining room in my little row home in Philly as they announced new temples and my heart started to pound and I started to cry and I just knew that they were going to announce one in Philadelphia. What a blessing that is for the people there and that your family got to go experience it. What a good mom you are for making sure your kids have experiences like that! Jealous. ;)
That is so wonderful!! And someday we'll have a reunion and it will be glorious.
Post a Comment