Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Feelin' the Love

What could be better than spending Mother's Day with you family AND your very own Mom-nothin'!  Aaron surprised me with these flowers and tickets to the Piano Guys before he left for early meetings.  Leo walked in the bathroom while I was in the shower with the balloon and told me 'Bu-day!'--close buddy, but not quite.
I love being a Mom to these five crazies.  It stretches me to my limits at times, but I couldn't imagine life without them.  And I'm so thankful for my partner and 'better half' in it all-Aaron's a keeper!





My Mom and Dad surprised me with these lovely plants and flowers and even planted them for me while they were here.  Keeping them alive is another question, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Mom and I came up with a low maintenance menu (since no one else in our group really cooks)-grilled chicken marinated in salsa and Italian dressing, microwave baked potatoes, caesar salad, oven roasted green veggies, and toasted cibatta rolls.  And we had ice cream bars for dessert-it was delicious.  Jane was so sweet to personalize everyone's napkins-they turned out great!  No surprise that hers featured a cheetah:)


And as a bonus, on Monday I drove up (with no children!!!!) to spend some time with my Mom.  We walked around some antique shops close to her apartment and had lunch out.  This beautiful garden/park is at the corner of her block and was too pretty to pass without some pictures.  I keep thinking I need to 'fill' myself by spending as much time with my parents as possible before they leave, but I have decided, no matter how much time we do spend together it will never be enough.  Maybe it's a good thing I don't live by my parents--I might run away from my family and decide to be a daughter forever!!  Love ya Mom!


No comments: