Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Babies

These are the pictures that hang above the crib in our baby room...all of my babies between zero and four months old. They are probably my favorite pictures of each of them.  I have done a lot of nursing in the D.I. rocking chair we have in this room and I love to look at all my babies while I rock. 
Being the mother of five children has no doubt pushed my physical and emotional limits to the max and we're only 10 years into this eternal commitment!  But looking at my babies, no matter what mood or state of utter disappointment or maddness or other mommy emotion I'm in, it is impossible to feel unhappy with the child rearing 'career' I've chosen when I stare at those precious and completely dependent baby faces.  Sometimes I'm rocking while Porter and Andrew are doing more dancing and less teeth brushing than they are supposed too, or when Jane and Adam are running up and down the hallway screaming over a toy they both want, and sometimes it's in the middle of the dark night when I'm so tired I sit there long enough for my legs to fall tingly asleep-dangerous!  I love that those faces remind me of my purpose and how each of them started so fresh from Heavenly Father.  I love that they give me motivation to keep going even tho I often have no idea what the best way is to approach talking back or sleep walking or eating vegetables or a myriad of other parenting dilemmas.  Being a mom is hard, but it's also exactly where I want to be.  





2 comments:

sue said...

thank you, I needed to be reminded. And your babies are beautiful!

Trish and Matt said...

I love this idea! I might have to copy it. Love ya!