Monday, June 20, 2011

Easter

There is something refreshing about having a baby in the spring. Maybe because there are so many new things going on outside too. Every time we have a baby I am reminded so clearly and lovingly that the purpose of this life directly revolves around families. In an article in this month's Ensign, it says that the family is the closest thing to a celestial model we have hear on earth. That really hit me because I think I need the most improvement within our family. I'm so grateful for the Gospel and a loving Savior who has given His life to help us be better.

As far as our festivities went, the kids had fun coloring eggs of course.



Adam even got in on the action:)

...while on the other end of the table Daddy had fun saudering? Yes, always our project man.

Sunday was also a special day with Grandma and Grandpa Smyth here. We figured out that it has been 12 years since I have been with my parents on Easter, so it really was a treat for me.



It was a very relaxing day. After church, we ate a yummy ham dinner and did an egg hunt outside for the kids. This year we did more money and less candy which worked really well since they are still thrilled with pennies, nickels and dimes.


1 comment:

Trish and Matt said...

Aren't you supposed to look like you just had a baby??? Seriously -- you look great. And you have a gorgeous family!! Love ya.